Read our full 2022 policy platform (pdf).
NACTO is committed to supporting cities to realize their goals for stronger, safer, and fairer transportation and communities.
We support infrastructure policies and transportation projects that connect people to opportunity, disrupt historical harm, and work to address the deep sustainability, safety, and racial justice crises defining our time. We believe that transportation infrastructure and policy should serve the public good and that the public sector should ensure the wise use of public funds in building roadways, bridges, and transit while reimagining public space and putting mitigation measures in place to avoid the displacement of communities.
NACTO’s core principles and priorities for city transportation in state and federal legislation and regulation are:
- Eliminate traffic fatalities and injuries by making safety transportation’s top priority.
- End the racist legacy of transportation policy and planning and build an equitable, accessible transportation system.
- Prioritize and expand transit to meet the nation’s current and future mobility and access needs.
- Lead the transition to a low-carbon transportation system.
- Modernize transportation funding.
- Enable local control over project selection and development.
- Research and leverage emerging technologies to advance public policy priorities.
Read our full 2022-2023 policy platform here.