Manage vehicle speeds to enhance the safety of all street users.
• Streets with long, straight stretches or inadequate traffic-calming infrastructure; intersections with wide turning radii.
• Wide, typically congested streets currently experiencing higher vehicle speeds.
• Citywide speed limit reductions, critical corridors; specific streets, intersections, and zones.
• Reduce the posted speed limit to a level consistent with eliminating serious injuries and update markings and signs.
• Deploy quick-build designs and/or pair with other street or public space interventions.
• Publicize speed limit and anti-speeding message with media campaigns.
Timeline: Days to weeks to plan, hours or days to implement.
Duration: Days to months.