Use full or partial street closures to provide outdoor space for cultural, religious, or civic gatherings.
• Low-volume residential streets, laneways, or pedestrian streets.
• Commercial streets or other corridors with no transit.
• Multi-lane streets with low vehicular volumes
• City or organization-owned parking lots and open-air garages.
• Install temporary traffic barriers and “Local Traffic Only” or “Road Closed” signs matching closure type.
• Identify agency and local stewards to install and monitor barricades during events.
• Ensure access for essential deliveries and emergency vehicles.
Timeline: Days to one week.
Duration: Hours, days, weeks.