Use street closures and open spaces to enable distancing during election activities.
• Streets without transit service that are adjacent to polling locations
• Poll location parking lots (schools, libraries, city halls, municipal lots, etc.)
• Parks, playgrounds, or other public spaces adjacent to poll locations
• Install temporary traffic barriers, and signs.
• Identify agency and election volunteers to install and manage barricades / queuing activity.
• Provide amenities such as shade/shelter/heating as needed
• Ensure access for emergency vehicles
Duration: One day to weeks, depending on local voting regulations, eg early voting, drop-off, etc.