This 90-minute workshop will examine how to build a digital outreach plan to include historically marginalized and underreached community members in local decision making. This is a scenario-based workshop: working in groups, participants will design a plan and learn strategies for engaging underreached community members before, during, and after a community meeting. By the end of the workshop, participants will have a concrete set of digital tools to help them engage underreached community members in public meetings and community projects.
Attendees will learn to:
– Develop an outreach plan with concrete tools to reach historically marginalized groups
– Identify underreached citizens
– Use digital tools to build trust with citizens
– Leverage local partners to distribute critical information and gather feedback
– Establish house commitments to ensure an inclusive digital meeting
Wednesday, December 2
3:30 PM ET | 12:30 PM PT
Select recordings open to public
This workshop is eligible for 1.5 AICP CM credits.