This 90-minute workshop will examine how to build a digital outreach plan to include historically marginalized and underreached community members in local decision making. This is a scenario-based workshop: working in groups, participants will design a plan and learn strategies for engaging underreached community members before, during, and after a community meeting. By the end of the workshop, participants will have a concrete set of digital tools to help them engage underreached community members in public meetings and community projects.
Attendees will learn to:
– Develop an outreach plan with concrete tools to reach historically marginalized groups
– Identify underreached citizens
– Use digital tools to build trust with citizens
– Leverage local partners to distribute critical information and gather feedback
– Establish house commitments to ensure an inclusive digital meeting
Wednesday, December 2
3:30 PM ET | 12:30 PM PT
If you’re a full convening participant who has registered for this workshop, you can access the join link in your virtual event lobby.
Select recordings will be available to the public in January.
This workshop is eligible for 1.5 AICP CM credits.