Transit agencies play a key role on urban streets, and Transit Membership gives these agencies a place at the table alongside their partner street departments. Transit agencies operating in Member and Affiliate cities are invited to join NACTO as Transit Members.
The core of NACTO’s mission is to build a strong network of peers and foster open communication and collaboration between cities. NACTO provides its members valuable peer-to-peer learning opportunities, staff technical assistance, and forums for sharing best practices. Transit Members gain cost-effective access to a network of other transit agencies working in big cities, and to the unique combined NACTO group of street and transit agencies.
Through its Transit Program Accelerator and roadshows, annual Designing Cities conference, targeted street design workshops, and member-only webinars and Digital Design Charrettes, NACTO offers transit agencies opportunities to showcase new projects, receive feedback from their peers, explore common challenges, and learn from shared experiences—both from partner agencies within the same city or region as well as from other cities across North America.
Transit Members can join review and advisory committees, participate in peer-to-peer network activities, receive regular updates on the Transit Street Design Guide and related programs, and apply for travel assistance to events. For NACTO, bringing transit agencies and street transportation departments together is core to the mission of advancing the cutting edge of street design.
Transit Member benefits include:
- Improved communications and dialogues between transit agency and city transportation staff working on a variety of street-related transportation issues
- A forum to learn best practices in transit street design, network planning, and bus and rail transit from around the US, and for peer-to-peer exchange of innovative policies and ideas
- Membership on review committee for the Transit Street Design Guide
- Some travel support for NACTO events and other project-related travel
- Regular updates on NACTO projects and events
- Eligibility for competitive programs like the Transit Program Accelerator
- NACTO staff leadership at Design Guide-based trainings
Membership costs $8,000 annually for agencies serving core city populations of more than 300,000, and $6,000 for those with populations under 300,000.
For more information, download the Transit Membership Guide or NACTO’s full 2019-2020 Membership Guide, or email us at [email protected].