Provide sufficient waiting area for transit passengers and allow rear-door/ all-door boarding to reduce queuing and boarding time.
• Transit stops with high daily boardings or boardings concentrated at specific times of day.
• Transit stops on sidewalks that are too busy or too narrow for physically distant waiting.
• Deploy platforms with interim materials, such as curbs plus asphalt and modular islands
• Install ramps, crosswalks, and safety islands to access mid-block stops.
• Ease rear boarding via mobile ticketing, on-board contactless payment, and off-board fare collection.
Timeline: Days to weeks to plan, hours to weeks to implement.
Duration: Months to years.