Expand market footprints into adjacent streets to relieve crowding and support physical distancing.
• Streets with permanent or active open-air markets.
• Streets adjacent to market buildings or public spaces with markets.
• Periodic farmers markets.
• Allocate street space to allow markets an expanded footprint to operate with safe physical distancing.
• Alter management and enforcement policy.
• Define safe layout and spacing for vendor stalls and circulation routes based on local physical distancing guidelines.
Timeline: Days to plan, hours to implement.
Duration: Hours, days, months, or permanent.