Provide space for essential workers and others to bike and roll safely while maintaining sufficient physical distance from others.
• Multilane streets, streets with wide lanes where demand is high.
• Streets that provide access to hospitals and other essential services; connector routes to parks and other open spaces.
• Convert curbside parking or motor vehicle lane to bike lane. Optional: convert adjacent vehicle lane to passenger or freight loading, or parking.
• Designate start of lane with a barrier and sign, positioned so as not to block cyclists.
• Use reflective barriers such as traffic cones, flexible posts, bollards, plastic barriers, freestanding delineators, or traffic barrels.
Timeline: Days to plan, hours to implement.
Duration: Days to months.